JoeyRun Streams Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Oldfags!

+5
ALICE
Xephyr
Ihasafish
Tom
BlueFoxXT
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome Oldfags! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Oldfags!

Post  ALICE Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

I forgot to ask your PO name Brian ?
Is it just BlueFoxXT ?

ALICE

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotch Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm

ALICE! Very Happy It's been a while.
Scotch
Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post  FaintAttack Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Do I count as an oldfag? I haven't seen OP in so long.

FaintAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueFoxXT Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

oh yeah Alice, i always change my name. I have a usual name over @ Emily's and a bunch at my place. I have a different name for almost every team since I have a lot of joke teams. We'll have to try and battle when I'm actively streaming or something

Yes faint! You iz oldfag, and welcome. =D

BlueFoxXT
Admin

https://joeyrun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihasafish Thu May 12, 2011 7:09 am

Oi Scotch, i've been thinking of becoming a Lawyer, Is it any good?

Ihasafish

Back to top Go down

Post  ALICE Thu May 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I think law would be a really interesting study fish, I've looked at the legal students case studies in school and it all looks fairly interesting but you have to ask yourself:
Are you ready to defend murderers, rapists and child molesters in court ?
I know its a fairly negative way to look at it and although you obviously wont be "supporting" them, it seems like a very hard job to deal with from the moral aspects in my opinion.
Of course you also have the opportunity to help victims of those crimes, which all in all I would find very fulfilling. But I've heard some horror stories from my uncle who's a defence lawyer about the sickos he's had to defend and even threats he's gotten for his job so I personally could never do it.

ALICE

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueFoxXT Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Wow i never thought about that, I don't think I could do it, even knowing I'm not really supporting them.

BlueFoxXT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PkmnTrainerDonut Fri May 13, 2011 12:41 am

BlueFoxXT wrote:

I'll msg Donut bout duh forum.

Lies, all of it, I had to go to Fish's facebook page and steal it from there.

Everyone is here. It's like... it's like I have a new home, with people I love.

<3
PkmnTrainerDonut
PkmnTrainerDonut

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueFoxXT Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

lol sorry donut, i only ever do 20% of the things i say i will out of poor memory, but welcome home

BlueFoxXT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FaintAttack Sat May 14, 2011 2:15 am

ALICE wrote:I think law would be a really interesting study fish, I've looked at the legal students case studies in school and it all looks fairly interesting but you have to ask yourself:
Are you ready to defend murderers, rapists and child molesters in court ?
I know its a fairly negative way to look at it and although you obviously wont be "supporting" them, it seems like a very hard job to deal with from the moral aspects in my opinion.
Of course you also have the opportunity to help victims of those crimes, which all in all I would find very fulfilling. But I've heard some horror stories from my uncle who's a defence lawyer about the sickos he's had to defend and even threats he's gotten for his job so I personally could never do it.

Keep in mind fishy there's more then one kind of lawyer. If you don't want to defend scumbags you don't have to be a public defender. There's all kinds of avenues for law in development, construction, you name it.I say if you're interested go for it! Law's fascinating, but it's tough to understand at times.

Also welcome home donut. clown look a clowny face!

FaintAttack

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotch Sat May 14, 2011 10:25 am

Fish, law is something you have to WANT to do. It can be really boring at times, and if you are looking to be a top notch lawyer who deals with huge cases, like Alice said, there are some morality issues there aswell.
I'm not quite at that level myself, so I don't have too much to worry about with morality yet, but I'm aiming to be at criminal level. The job will take up a lot of your time, and it will be hard to maintain a steady social life. Just know what you want to do.
Scotch
Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihasafish Sat May 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Well I'll be with the Army for a few years, since I'll be in a program where they pay for my university and I essentially just work for them for the years it takes to complete the degree + 1. I chose Lawyer over Physicist because I love to argue. There is nothing that brings me more pleasure in the world than my opponents defeated face. Or an orgasm.

Ihasafish

Back to top Go down

Post  ALICE Sat May 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Only advice I can give as I high school student is to work fucking hard for the next two years.
Year 11 so far has been hell, but I've topped my advanced maths, English and chemistry class and its really paying off as far as awards and recommendations are concerned.
I presume you're doing commerce as an elective ?
If not don't worry too much, although it's nice to have that basic understanding of the legal and economic world before you get right into the subject, you should be able to catch up on the basics pretty quickly.
Subjects you should probably look into for next year would be legal, advanced English, CAFS and business services or economics could also be helpful, it all depends on what your school has to offer, don't be afraid to take at least one fun subject either like drama, art or food tec.
Oh and the army is the way to go, make sure you work at getting in though which involves good leadership skills and staying out of trouble. Good luck.

ALICE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihasafish Sun May 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks Alice, I love you <3

Ihasafish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum